Trousdale Community Foundation, the Philanthropic program of TLC.
The word ‘Philanthropy’ in Ancient Greek means “to love people.” And that is exactly what TLC’s caregivers provide to residents and patients. Today the word ‘Philanthropy’ usually refers to volunteerism or the act of making voluntary financial gifts to promote the common good. The goal of Trousdale’s Philanthropy Program is to provide a dedicated and confidential framework that allows for a wonderful vehicle for all who are passionate about the care and best interest of our residents–for board members, employees, residents’ families, stakeholders, perhaps even residents themselves–to invest in our residents and employees by making donations of time and financial contributions.
TLC caregivers provide excellent care and activities for daily living, and this is reimbursed by Medicare and Medicaid. These reimbursements do not cover all the costs associated with provider expenses. It is our hope that through our formal giving program we can do EVEN MORE for our residents and our devoted employees to improve their world and fulfill our mission in an inspiring way together. Our vision is that this program will grow to have a sustainable, long-term impact for both residents and employees.
The mission of the Trousdale Community Foundation Philanthropy program is two-fold, and serves both the care receiver and caregiver:
To raise funds through financial gifts to help fund the greatest needs of residents who do not have the ability to pay for themselves and are not otherwise covered.
- Benevolence – To supplement or provide financial discounts to residents with no financial resources to cover their housing costs
- Comfort and Fun – Providing things like clothing and ice cream
- Building and Grounds – To enhance Memory Care facilities or for updating/upgrading a courtyard or activities area
To help employees with educational scholarships to advance their care skillsets and an emergency fund for them when unexpected hardships occur.
- Scholarships – Funds are collected in a dedicated account to empower employees to pursue their educational goals and advancements with the intent of providing an even higher level of skilled care for our residents
- The Employee ‘Heartship’ Relief program – Funds are collected in dedicated accounts to support employees when devastating and extraordinary situations occur in their lives that create unexpected financial hardships. For example: Uninsured losses for damage to their residence caused by fire, flood, criminal action or other disasters. The Heartship Relief Program also supports personal eviction, medical, Utility shut-offs and access to food and needed prescriptions
We Can Do More Together
Each Continuing Care and Health and Rehabilitation community’s philanthropy program is led by a local Champions Committee that supports and fosters fundraising, volunteerism, and grant writing locally. The Trousdale Community Foundation, through a Philanthropy Board of Trustees, provides hands-on leadership, training, tools, oversight, guidance and organization. They also provide support for each philanthropy committee as we continually seek these gifts and deliver impactful change in people’s lives.
There are several ways for YOU to get involved that we hope you will consider:
- Praying about what God can make possible through your donation
- Being a Champion on the Facility’s Philanthropy Committee, where you can help steer the giving program as a committee member
- Helping us connect people who share a passion for our mission of well-being for seniors and appreciation for our caregivers with opportunity to make a financial donation or gift of time
- Making your own personal financial gift to support our efforts
Ways to Help
- Make a One Time Donation
- Give Monthly
- Planned Giving – Add TCF to your trust or living will
- Stock Giving – Donate stock directly to TCF through Overflow, quick, easy, secure.
- Fundraise for TCF through Facebook fundraisers
- Use JustGiving to fundraise in honor of a special occasion
- Sell for a Cause on eBay. Select TCF and the donation percentage when setting up your account
- Volunteer at one of our facilities. Seniors love to visit new people and helping hands are always welcome
- Engage with us on social media and share our mission and vision
For more information, contact us at: email@example.com